Wednesday, 27 October, 2021

Reporting Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Concerns

All concerns for the safety and protection of children should be reported to Tusla Child and Family Agency.

All concerns for the safety and protection of vulnerable adults should be reported to the Health Service Executive (HSE).

Where the matter relates to a child or vulnerable adult protection concern in the context of church activities in the Archdiocese of Dublin please contact the Child Safeguarding and Protection Service (CSPS).

To report a child protection concern to Tusla you should:

To report a vulnerable adult protection concern to the HSE you should:

If it is an emergency and the other services are not available contact your local Garda station.

To report a child or vulnerable adult concern to CSPS:

  • Call 01 8360314, or
  • Email or

You can help to protect children and vulnerable adults from abuse by reporting any concerns for their safety to the relevant authority:

  • Report your concerns as soon as possible;
  • Provide as much information as you can;
  • Do not carry out your own investigation;
  • Share the information only with those who need to know it to protect children or vulnerable adults;
  • Contact CSPS if you need advice or assistance.